ChatGPT is a new dialog-based AI chatbot that uses natural language processing and machine learning to generate automated conversations. The field of conversational AI has seen rapid growth in recent years, with the development of new AI models and advancements in natural language processing. Conversational AI enables computers to understand and respond to human input, creating a more natural and intuitive interaction between humans and technology. This powerful GPT3.5 based assistant can perform a variety of natural language tasks. With this, it proves to be one of the incremental steps in Natural Language Processing (NLP). But in the due course, will it substitute the enterprise chatbots? We explore the potential of ChatGPT and what makes it an inadequate replacement when compared to an enterprise-level solution.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a Generative Pre-trained Transformer based on the conference paper “Attention Is All You Need”. This transformer incorporates Attention mechanism which is a type of Generative AI with Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs). This Generative AI is capable of producing new content based on the user’s input. The capabilities include Question Answering, Content Creation, Essay Writing, Text Completion, Code Completion, Input Data Translation and much more.
The training of this large language model involves reinforcement learning where human AI trainers feed human expected answers that were further used as feedback to train the model iteratively. This model learned to predict the next words in a sentence based on the previous sequence of words.
For any model developed, there are some pros and cons. Let’s analyze that for ChatGPT.
User Benefits of Using ChatGPT
- Generates detailed responses and articulate answers.
- Capable of keeping track of the previous conversations.
- Proficient enough to regenerate response for the same user prompt.
- Trained to reply in different languages.
- Best at answering open domain questions.
- Rejects inappropriate queries.
Limitation Of ChatGPT
- Limited and biased training data.
- Sensitive to the input.
- Writes plausible-sounding but incorrect answers.
- Unable to answer correctly for world events that occurred after 2021.
- Programming knowledge is essential for custom training and integration.
- Lack of scalability.
- Existing UI cannot be customized.
By that time, you may be thinking that ChatGPT is going to replace everything including search engines like Google, and even humans! But no, that’s not the case. ChatGPT cannot even replace search engines as it is out of the scope. This model is best at giving answers to user prompts based on the training data till 2021. Also, for closed-domain Enterprise specific question answering, it may not give appropriate answers.
For business specific requirements, AI-powered conversational enterprise Assistant are apt.
Objective of Conversational AI
The primary objective of conversational AI is to streamline communication in a natural interactive way. This can be accomplished through the use of chatbots that can be built using the conversational AI platform. These systems can be used to automate routine tasks, such as answering customer inquiries, disseminating information, providing recommendations and much more. This allows human agents to focus on more complex tasks, leading to improved efficiency and better customer experiences.
Enterprise Chatbots vs ChatGPT
- Front-end: The front-end of enterprise chatbots and ChatGPT is highly distinctive. Graphical User Interface (GUI) of enterprise specific chatbots can be white-labeled as per the aesthetics of business while the same for ChatGPT cannot be directly changed by the user. ChatGPT needs to be integrated with some third-party platforms to change look and feel.
- Programming knowledge: For the chatbot designed using No-code Assistant Platform, there is no requirement of programming knowledge. From flow creation, bot training, third-party API integration to ticket generation and others, everything can be done seamlessly without coding. On the other hand, ChatGPT requires programming knowledge up to a certain extent for custom training, API integration, database connection, payment integration, OTP verification and much more.
- Integration: Enterprise specific chatbots can be easily integrated with the business on the preferred channels including Website, WhatsApp, Facebook and other leading platforms. Swift assistance for the same is available from the providers. Moreover, ChatGPT’s integration to businesses requires support from developers. Coding expertise is the key.
- NLU and re-training complexity: NLU for customer-service chatbots is highly reliable for enterprises as they are trained as per their requirements. Also, the simple drag and drop facility in enterprise platforms leads to the wide adoption by companies. Unlike enterprise chatbots, fine-tuning ChatGPT is a bit complex as such programming is a prerequisite.
- Cost: The pricing model for no-code platforms is pocket-friendly and flexible as it offers varying options such as on-premise installation, on-demand staff training and chatbot building, or pay-as-you-go or free-trial. It is not limited to the number of user- requests or the number of words. ChatGPT is available free up to certain free credits. For long-term usage with fine-tuning, the pricing model is dependent on the number of training tokens (words), number of prompt tokens and number of response tokens.
Benefits of using Assistant – Conversational AI platforms in building Enterprise Chatbots
- No-Code platform: The No-code Assistant Platform facilitates the building of fully managed AI based chatbots. Even a naive user with no coding experience can create business specific chatbots. The dialogue manager simplifies the process of populating the knowledge base and response builder with just a few training samples and button clicks.
- Customized training: Customized training and flow designing allows organizations to tailor their chatbots to meet the specific needs and preferences of their customers. This leads to a more personalized user-centric experience, as the chatbot is better able to understand and respond to customer inquiries in a relevant and coherent manner.
- Analytical dashboard: The chatbot building platform automatically generates engaging graphical visualization of user traffic over the chatbot, location-wise visitor, channel-wise engagement, user feed-back rating, sentiment analysis and much more. Moreover, the platform provides dashboard customization.
- User-friendly interface: Easy to understand and manageable user interface of no-code platforms is highly adaptable and preferred by the customers. The drag and drop UI simplifies the creation of chatbots.
The budget friendly best conversational AI Platform has proven acceptance by our customers. It’s on-the-gone easy integration with channels like websites and leading social media is super-simple. You can give it a try, book a demo or connect with us.
In conclusion, ChatGPT offers a general-purpose solution that can be integrated into applications, but requires knowledge of programming up-to certain extent for custom-training, API integration, telephony integration, database connection and much more. Also, ChatGPT’s training data is limited and it is unable to answer about events after 2021. While enterprise chatbot building platforms readily offer wide-range of features with distinctive business-specific customization. Based on the requirements, conversational AI platform offers flexible updating of training data, workflow design, interactive responses, multi-channel existence and much more.
With the widespread use of Artificial Intelligence, enterprises look-forward to embracing such AI solutions in one way or another, be it chatbot, voice Bot or IVR bot. AI-based products empower businesses and make them more productive and capable. Empower your organization with the expertise of the top AI experts at Rydot Infotech on firstname.lastname@example.org